- Forella Group is a multi-disciplinary project controls firm. We add certainty through the use of highly developed project controls from the acquisition and pro-forma phases, through design, construction and the move-in phases.
- We provide a supportive environment that encourages and promotes accelerated professional growth and development.
- Competitive Salaries | Vacation & Sick Leave | Medical Insurance | 401(K)| Training | Mentoring Programs
- Position: ELECTRICAL COST ESTIMATOR
- No of Openings: 1
- Location: Chantilly, VA
- Type: Full-time
-Forella Group is seeking an electrical cost estimator and general construction cost estimators to work on new construction and renovation projects ranging from $1 to $200 million in construction value. Clients include federal, state and local public agencies, institutions, and private corporations. We are expanding our capabilities in cost engineering, project controls, risk management, and other related cost management services. The successful candidate will provide cost estimating services as part of a cost management team at our Chantilly, VA location
-ELECTRICAL SCOPE & QUANTITIES • Quantity Generation, On-Screen Take-Off Capabilities • BIM Model Quantity Extractions • Document Controls • Face to Face Reconciliations with CMs and General Contractors • Parallel Pricing, Negotiations, Contract Administration
-PRICING, PRODUCTION • Electrical Materials & Equipment Pricing, Labor / Productivity Pricing • Database Management • Supplier, Subcontractor Price Verifications • Review of Contractor RFIs, Change Orders, Claims
-SPECIAL • Value Engineering Insights • Constructability Reviews • Evaluation of Project Schedules, Schedules of Values • Peer Review of Design Documents • Project Assets & Cash Flow
-RISK & QC • Risk, Life Safety, Loss Control, Bonding, Insurance • Enforcement of Internal Quality Controls
-SOFTWARE • Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Revit, Primavera P6, database driven software systems • Experience with MII, Success, PlanSwift, Primavera, Paces software - a plus. • Experience with Project Management Systems a plus.
-CITIZENSHIP & SECURITY • Candidates must meet federal immigration policies and regulations. • Candidates will be subject to a Minimum Background and Personal Identity Verification. Evidence of ability to obtain a security clearance, if deemed necessary by assignment, may be requested. • Candidate must be able to comply with Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (the Common Identification Standard for Federal Employees and Contractors), commonly known as HSPD-12
- Requirements: Bachelor's Degree: Engineering, Architectural, Construction Management or relevant field, construction contracting experience a plus. Technical aptitude, team player, positive, enthusiastic attitude, customer oriented, strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced environment to complete scheduled tasks on time and in a high-quality manner, with attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three  years of cost estimating experience with commercial, institutional or public works projects. PE, AIA, CCP, CCM credentials a plus. Competitive salary & benefits package.
- Work Location: Chantilly, VA